• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not dead, just missing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pomerance

If a person has not died, but has just been declared a "missing person", do his heirs ever receive what was left for them in his will?

A

advisor10

SEP. 6, 2001

DEAR POMERANCE:

You forgot to mention what state you live in, but anyway, after a person has been missing for a reasonable length of time, you can hir an attorney to file a petition with the court to have the person declared legally dead if there is a justifiable legal reason for doing so. The length of time varies according to each state or city, but it might possible to have them declared dead after being missing for 4 years or more.

You would need to consult a local attorney.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My comment to Advisor:

I have seen the following "advice" in many of your responses:

"You would need to consult a local attorney to inquire about that or post your question to [non-affiliated web site].com where it is more likely you would get a response from an attorney in your specific state."

This WILL BE the last time YOU mention that web site to any person coming to this forum. Your job is NOT to steer ANYONE away from this site to a competitor's site. If you want to recommend that our writers see an attorney, that's fine - - however, you are to refer any and all such writers to AttorneyPages.com which IS affiliated with FreeAdvice.Com.

If I see one more insertion of that "other" web site by you, I will recommend your membership exclusion to the Board.

I suggest, therefore, that if you intend to remain a member of FreeAdvice.Com, that you voluntarily cease and desist from your current practice.

It doesn't matter WHY you're doing it. The fact remains that you ARE doing it.

IAAL

Last edited:
A

advisor10

SEPT. 7, 2001

DEAR IAAL:

This is a free country and everyone is allowed freedom of expression!

How many times have you seen postings that have gone unanswered because no one cared enough to offer an opinion to someone who was seeking advice? If someone needs help and desperately wants a response to their situation, isn't it the kind and helpful thing to do to offer an alternative that could provide a helpful resolution? My only desire is to see that people are helped!

Please ask some of these posters how they have been helped by lawguru.com before you rant and rave.

When dealing with attorneys, it never hurts to get a second or third opinion, since their expertise can cover a wide range of areas--one attorney might have special insight on a situation that another attorney may not have experienced.

And thank you so very much for posting your observation on the message board instead of having the courtesy to contact me directly.

RESPECTFULLY,

YOU-KNOW-WHO

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

advisor said:
My only desire is to see that people are helped!
My response:

That's terrific, and I applaud you for it ! This is exactly the purpose of FreeAdvice.Com.

However, when you own your own "Advice type" board, you can run it any way you'd like, and refer writers to whomever you choose.

You have the nerve to question my "courtesy"? Listen, pal, try reading the Rules. It is your "discourtesy" to come into someone else's web site, with the purpose and intent to repeatedly "steer" people away from FreeAdvice.Com. If you hadn't noticed, a web site, like this, depends heavily upon advertising revenues, and by not reading and following the Rules, you are damaging FreeAdvice.Com. And you have the temerity to point out what you "think" is discourtesy from me ?

In the meantime, you're using FreeAdvice.Com, and FreeAdvice.Com has its own affiliates - - one of which is AttorneyPages.com - - not that "other" web site.

You'll notice that your posts have been, and will continue to be, edited for the content mentioned above.

You have been reported for further action.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">