• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not licensed as Home Health Aide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2pugsrtrble

Alabama. My father-in-law died and left nothing to his " friend " in his will so his " friend " is suing the estate for the home health he provided. He states he called around the city and the average home health aide gets $15.00 an hour so he wants $15.00 hr x 24hrs a day for 3 months !!! He is not a home health aide so how can he bill the estate as one? I need help finding a statue or law that I can use. He has no receipts or proof that he provided 24 hr care but I need all the help I can get.

justalayman

heck with any proof of being able to make the claim without being licensed. Make the guy prove up there was an agreement to provide the care for pay.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You don't need a statute saying that he can't do this. He needs one saying that he can.

Without some indication that there was any kind of agreement such as JAL is talking about, he can demand all he wants. Just because he sends a bill doesn't automatically mean it gets paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">