• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not notified about inheritence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baketd

california: approx. 10 years ago my great grandmother passed away, i have been told by family members that my mother had inherited some things in the will (i have no idea what) it would have been a little bit hard for my moher to be reached by anyone representing the will she was in a homeless shelter a couple of times and is not real stable mentally. but she has never left the town she was raised in and has been reciveing ssi or sdi (i'm not sure which) since before her grandmother passed away. so shouldn't have been too hard to find if some effort was put out.
I belive her cousin was the executor but don't know how to get ahold of her. i guesss my question would be is it to late to find out if she was supposed to recieve anything? and how would i find out?

ALawyer

Ask the cousin. Or get a copy of the Will in the courthouse in the county in which she lived.

By th eway, if she has been on welfare and/or SSI, it is very possible the state could be entitled to all the assets she (would have) inherited.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">