• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Trusting My Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenzie

What is the name of your state?FROM: Florida, my father established a trust some years ago naming me as one of the primary benifisheries. My brother and a local attorney were named as co-trusties. Becuse of a storke my father was has not been able to handle is own affairs so my brother moved him to Indiana two years ago. My father died last month and I have yet to hear anything as to the status of my fathers estate and or the trust. The relationship between my brother and myself is strained (at best) and I have no relationship with the attorney who is the co-trustee. What do I do?

ENASNI

well

Get your rod and reel and either fish for your own attorney, or establish a relationship with that co-trustee, fast.
You need to protect yourself and whatever your father has left for you.

S

seniorjudge

kenzie said:
What is the name of your state?FROM: Florida, my father established a trust some years ago naming me as one of the primary benifisheries. My brother and a local attorney were named as co-trusties. Becuse of a storke my father was has not been able to handle is own affairs so my brother moved him to Indiana two years ago. My father died last month and I have yet to hear anything as to the status of my fathers estate and or the trust. The relationship between my brother and myself is strained (at best) and I have no relationship with the attorney who is the co-trustee. What do I do?
What property (real, personal, or mixed) is in the trust?

kenzie

seniorjudge said:
What property (real, personal, or mixed) is in the trust?
The property in this trust is very liquid, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, cash and some collectables

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">