• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice Of Probate Of Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maggiect88rx

My husband,s mother died February 2001,in Ohio.
My husband and i reside in Michigan.
He recieved in the mail today,a Notice Of Probate Of Will,regarding his mother.
Could someone explain to us what this actually means , and exactly what we can know expect to happen??
He knows that his mother had a valid will,and is presuming , that probate means ,the court system,is seeing that the will is valid, and any creditors,if any, get their monies owed to them first, out of his mother,s estate,is this the case??
We have not been in this sort of situation before, and are confused, and would appreciate anyones help ,or advice!!
Thank you everyone.....

ALawyer

This means that someone -- probably another sibling or heir or executor named in the Will -- wants the court to accept it as valid.

Heirs, who would take, or get more, if the will were not admitted into probate can object.Absent something phony on its face, the COURT WILL NOT LOOK INTO IT in most cases unless someone objects to its admission into probate.

One can object if it appears the signature is forged, or the Will was not properly executed (witnessed), or that at the time of signing there is reason to believethe person was mentally incompetent, under duress, under undue influence or a vicim of fraud or mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">