• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY self-proving signature on Will, means anyone could be "George Bush" on a will.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StuckinNewYork

NY self-proving signature on Will, means anyone could be "George Bush" on a will.

What is the name of your state (New York)?

Recently I attended a hearing on my mothers will, where the witnesses and the drafter were questioned. Both witnesses and the drafter which was one of the witnesses said they never checked Drivers License, asked for any type of identification to prove that the person asking for the will to be drafter was in fact the person who belonged to the signature that was to be signed on the will.

In other words if I was a man and wanted to leave all my worldly goods to my friend Sam Superman, and signed my signature "George Bush", when I or Gerorge Bush died, what a mess that would be in Probate Court.

It seems to me that New York law with the self proving idea is faulty.

In my mothers case she had no identification, no birth certificate nothing and yet two lawyers took her word that she was who she was and let her sign a will transfering her property.

I for one think that is outrageous.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">