• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

obtaining beneficiary entitlements and info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marydontknow

We live in California and the childrens father lived in Texas. We divorced when was afflicted with paranoid schitzophrenia, as his family had shrouded this hereditary secret. He passed away almost a year ago and his parents have been absolutely attrocious! They were the caregivers, accepting his social security payments from the federal government, and apparently were very upset when I informed the ss office he had passed. They have sent me all of his unpaid bills and have not cancelled any of his utilities. They sent me a bill for the service and burial at the veterans memorial lawn, which I thought was a free service, but the bill stating $4,000.00 and some, of which I later learned was collected from other family members. My daughters and I went to Texas as soon as we were able, and when we met his parents at his moblie home, they had tags on everything inside, where it was all to be distributed. The girls got nothing at all. His step father took the truck and hid it while we were in town, but sent me the payment booklet. They claim there were no bank accounts, but I know my ex better than that. He had purchased property all throughout his life, and a title search came up with five plots. There was a pension, retirement and life insurance fund from his employ while we were married. How do I go about gatting the information when the insurance company has told me they need a court order before releasing any information to his beneficiaries? Could this mean his parents have tried to collect the funding. There was no will, or so they say, but I know the girls were the beneficiaries in the policy. Is there any legel recours in order to ensure the girls receive their full entitlement? Please Advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">