• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CGLASGOW

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have contacted Cobb County Probate Court and received a copy of my father in law's will. The will that had been filed was dated 1999. He told my husband he had made a new will in 2003 and was leaving everything to him.. My husbands grandparents have not spoken to my husband since his dads death and then filed the old will leaving nothing to my husband. Please help me. I don;t know which way to go or how to find the correct will.

thanks.

lwpat

The first thing to do is to contact a probate attorney and take all of the information to him. It would not be unusual for the new will to have "disappeared".

Did your father-in-law have an attorney? Who prepared the will that has been filed and who were the witnesses. If you are lucky your father-in-law used the same people for the new will.

My suggestion would be for your husband to contest the will provided you have any substantial evidence that there is a newer one and that he also contest whoever has filed to be executor.

C

CGLASGOW

old will

The will was notorized and witnessed at a bank. They said they do not draw up the will so I don't know who did the will itself. The old will was done when he was sick in the hospital and says he has no children. So how can we prove he does have children. (he is not on the birth certificate) But he had never denied him as his child until now.

Thank you,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">