• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deseree

What is the name of your state (ohio)
mother passed away and father passed away in december, the will that was found is dated from 1970 only stating brother is executor? he has changed the locks on the farm house and him and his wife have already taken several loads out of the house? is that legal?
before my father passed away in the hospital and was in sound mind
he stated in front of 4 of his 5 children. There is no will, no one person will be in charge, everything must be split 5 ways equal and the farm does not get sold.
can his last wishes be upheld?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

deseree

the will has not been read or a copy been sent to any of the other 4 siblings.
brother just used me for information because I knew where all paperwork was to take care of the funeral and once he got what papers and information from me he said no one could enter the house and said I was thief and a liar
what do I ? or because he is executor I can do nothing?

nextwife

The executor has NO power, legally, to do anything UNTIL he has filed the will and been properly appointed as executor by the probate court. After that, he has the responsibility of INVENTORYING the estate and properly disposing of the assets in the will. Being executor is not the same as being sole heir. he will still need to correctly distribute the estate, and not unduly benefit himself. The rest of you need a probate attorney to look out for your wishes and demand that the estate assets be returned to the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">