• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Will - New Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spotmike

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My grandmother died 40 years ago. She left her house to her daughter and the contents to the same daughter (my aunt), my uncle, and my mother.

My aunt lived in the house with the contents - the contents were never divided as my aunt who was living there used them.

The aunt who was given the house recently died and left everything to her children. They are in the process of selling all of the contents and have refused to give family members even a small momento. Do my mother and uncle still have a claim to a third each of the contents of the house.

We have my grandmothers will.

Thanks. Mike

seniorjudge

Q: Do my mother and uncle still have a claim to a third each of the contents of the house.

A: No. They gave up those rights by not doing anything several decades ago.

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My grandmother died 40 years ago. She left her house to her daughter and the contents to the same daughter (my aunt), my uncle, and my mother.

My aunt lived in the house with the contents - the contents were never divided as my aunt who was living there used them.

The aunt who was given the house recently died and left everything to her children. They are in the process of selling all of the contents and have refused to give family members even a small momento. Do my mother and uncle still have a claim to a third each of the contents of the house.

We have my grandmothers will.

Thanks. Mike

You still have the will??? Was the estate never probated? And how exactly was the immovable property transferred if there was no probate?

spotmike

Old will - new will

Sorry. The will was probated. We have a copy of the will from the courthouse. I imagine since the possessions were not divided forty years ago it would be too late to do it now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">