• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Only childs rights when surviving parent dies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jasnafu

My father-in-law has told his son, my husband, that when he dies, his house will be locked up and the house with everything in it will be sold. Then it will be divided, divided among who we do not know. My husband has things in the house that belonged to his mother that he would like to have to remember her by. The way we understand it, he cannot get even his own things out of the house, let alone some of his mom's things. We believe he is being influienced by his older sisters, who were not even allowed in his mother's house. Can we get help on this, like be allowed into the house, if my father-in-law is being influienced can we control this. We live in Indiana and he lives in Tennessee, so we cannot get there every weekend to visit. My husband initially wanted to be put on the deed to the house to make things less complicated when his dad passes, that is how we found out what is going on. Otherwise, we would not have known until he died. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">