• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order of Summary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmjjmass

What is the name of your state? Florida
i have a atty but i don't trust him cause he has lied to me and ran me around in circles. here are my questions:
what is a order of summary?
does a judge have to sign it?
can estate debt be taken out of life insurance?
the judge awarded $12000 to creditors from the sale of the property. shouldn't i have been notified when this happened or at least my atty? my atty forgot about the money until i brought it to his attention and that's when i found out it was gone. does this sound like normal procedure?
thanks

Dandy Don

Yes a judge does have to sign a order of summary. If your own attorney won't explain to you what a order of summary is, you need to be getting a second opinion from another attorney. It means partially that the administrator/executor is given permission to go ahead and distribute assets from the estate.

Is probate almost over in this case or has it just begun? You could fire this attorney if you wanted to but if probate is almost closed it might be better to stick it out until the end.

Everyone knows, especially attorneys, that life insurance passes outside of probate and that money can be spent anyway the beneficiary wants to, so don't let anyone trick you into using it to pay off estate debts unless you just want to do that.

This does not sound like normal procedure--you are being kept in the dark so they can steal from the estate without your knowledge. You didn't say if you are a beneficiary or an executor or just exactly what your interest in this case is.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">