• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out on a limb

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KGlass

What is the name of your state? Texas
My Father had a Trust. To shorten things up I was the executor 5 years ago. Then my older brother moved in with my father and the Trust changed. By the time my father pasted away 4 months ago his life savings had been spent, his credit cards were charged up and checks were bouncing at the bank. I was written out of the Trust - which is fine by me because I did not want to fight with my brothers any way. Thursday, I received a very angry telephone call accusing me of contacting the IRS. I had no idea what they were talking about - since I had not contacted anyone. Appearently they received a letter from the IRS stating that since things had not been distrubted it was all to be considered as inhereitance now. And they believe that I called the IRS. Today, Saturday I received a "Cerified Letter" stating that if any further contact or attemp to cause problems for the estate are made the estate will take me to court. Since, I have no idea who made this first attemp there is no way I can stop any further attemps. Is there any way I can find out who contacted the IRS about this? And is there anything I can do to protect myself and my husband from this action?
Out on a limb in Texas

Dandy Don

Did your father leave a will that was probated in court?

Did you ever see a copy of the trust? You should have gotten legal advice when you found out you were written out if it--you may have had grounds to legally contest.

It sounds like an empty threat to throw you off guard--you have nothing to worry about if in fact you have done nothing wrong. They have a guilty conscience because they know they've done wrong.

Did your father suffer from any disease or take any medications that would have affected his judgement? Did he sign power of attorney to your older brother or anyone else?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

BlondiePB

Appearently they received a letter from the IRS stating that since things had not been distrubted it was all to be considered as inhereitance now.
What a load of crap.

Look, Arkie, why do you keep posting these fake threads when you promised to stop? Do you need some help with finding things to do that would be more constructive with your time?

Just Blue

What a load of crap.

Look, Arkie, why do you keep posting these fake threads when you promised to stop? Do you need some help with finding things to do that would be more constructive with your time?
Do we all need to develope Ark-dar now??...You know like Shay's K-Dar??

KGlass

Out on a Limb

I am amazed that two of you believe me to be false. You have to have a check and balance to this site and if you check it out you will find I am a REAL person! Since Blonde PB and Baystategirl don't seem to be taking my problem seriously why reply? Try a different place to have your word fights.
I don't want anything from the estate period end of story all I want is to be left alone by the estate. I have recently open my own business and my concern is that they will come after my family and I in court. As for the letter being a load of crap - I have a tape recording of the phone call with him reading it to me and making treats to me and my family - backed up by a second phone call to my younger brother with the same results.
Again my question is there anyone that I can contact about who originally called the IRS? Because, if someone makes more trouble I am the one they are blaming.
KGlass

KGlass

out on a limb

Did your father leave a will that was probated in court? Not that I am aware of - he and my mother had this trust done in 1994

Did you ever see a copy of the trust? You should have gotten legal advice when you found out you were written out if it--you may have had grounds to legally contest. Yes, I did see and read the trust up until 2003 - they sent me in the cerified letter 4 copied pages with the statement that the enclosed papers of the trust are the only ones I would see out side of court. The date on the changes is Sept, 2003

It sounds like an empty threat to throw you off guard--you have nothing to worry about if in fact you have done nothing wrong. They have a guilty conscience because they know they've done wrong. My brother doen't have a conscience he does have a lot of greed.

Did your father suffer from any disease or take any medications that would have affected his judgement? Did he sign power of attorney to your older brother or anyone else? The last 2 years of his life I was told he had dementia - but again I believe he did not want me to have anything and I am not wanting anything except to left alone - power of attorney? I have no idea.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])
redfeather71

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Texas
My Father had a Trust. To shorten things up I was the executor 5 years ago. Then my older brother moved in with my father and the Trust changed. By the time my father pasted away 4 months ago his life savings had been spent, his credit cards were charged up and checks were bouncing at the bank. I was written out of the Trust - which is fine by me because I did not want to fight with my brothers any way. Thursday, I received a very angry telephone call accusing me of contacting the IRS. I had no idea what they were talking about - since I had not contacted anyone. Appearently they received a letter from the IRS stating that since things had not been distrubted it was all to be considered as inhereitance now. And they believe that I called the IRS. Today, Saturday I received a "Cerified Letter" stating that if any further contact or attemp to cause problems for the estate are made the estate will take me to court. Since, I have no idea who made this first attemp there is no way I can stop any further attemps. Is there any way I can find out who contacted the IRS about this? And is there anything I can do to protect myself and my husband from this action?
Out on a limb in Texas
Let's put an end to this now. It is none of your business or concern what the IRS (if any) said or wrote IF you are no longer a beneficiary of the trust.

As to the letter, ignore it.

Now, was that so difficult?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">