• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parent left no will 3 siblings who's entitled to what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ricky D.

My mom past away five years ago and left no will. My brother and I signed a warranty deed to let my sister and her two children stay in the house. She has become addicted to drugs and the house is about to be repossessed so she is going to sell it. My question is are my brother and I entitled to 1/3 of the estate or can we stop her from selling the home?? Please Help... Texas.

[Edited by Ricky D. on 11-27-2000 at 07:57 PM]

ALawyer

It sounds as if you gave your sister your rights to the home as a gift 5 years ago when you signed the deed. And if that's what you did she owns it 100% and can lose it fair and square. A local lawyer would have to look at the deed and get all the facts and may be able to come up with another theory, but I doubt Texas law rewards "Indian givers".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">