• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parents treat me like **** but they say I am in their will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddebmemphis

What is the name of your state?Tenn
hello I am sorry to use that language but it is the truth. My parents have been silver spoon fed by my dead grandparents all of their lives. My mother never worked barely a day in her life. My father complains he had it so bad because he was born in Jamicai Plains Boston(the worst of the worst). He did not have a h.s. diploma and made it in this world. My grandparents use to give them $10,000 - $20,000 every few years when my parents complained or whined! Now I have been thru a horrible divorce and custody fight and my parents would not help me with a dime or a place to sleep. They do not really speak to me and say they would not take me out of their will. But they will not even help me with $20. for groceries or anything. Is there anything I can do if they promise I will in the will with my other two sibblings to protect myself from this promise. Can I ask them for a noterized copy of the will? And if they change it can I take it to court? Because I am there daughter and they are just being abusive as they have always been. They were alchoholics when I was little and put all the blame on me. They got all their money from my grandmother who wanted her grandchildren to be taken care of. I could come up with witnesse to this fact (aunts and cousins)

Thankyou
DDebmemphis

anteater

ddebmemphis said:
Can I ask them for a noterized copy of the will? And if they change it can I take it to court?

Well, that's a pretty good path to having them disinherit you.

No matter how your parents got it, it ain't your money.

Dandy Don

Sorry that your parents are not nice people, but they are not obligated to give you a copy of the will while still alive, and it would be rude of you to ask. You will have to wait until they die to see if they left you anything, and I doubt they care enough to leave you much of anything, so don't get your hopes up too high.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

S

seniorjudge

My parents have been silver spoon fed by my dead grandparents all of their lives.

There's a real weird image for you!

Q: Is there anything I can do if they promise I will in the will with my other two sibblings to protect myself from this promise.

A: Please rephrase this incomprehensible question.

Q: Can I ask them for a noterized copy of the will?

A: Yes. I suspect I know what their answer will be.

Q: And if they change it can I take it to court?

A: Not unless they were incompetent when they tried to change it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">