• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Part of will, but its in uk.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diesel45

I live in massachusetts but recently had a relative pass in the UK. I am being left one third of the estate. The executer is not someone who is recieving anything and that i kind of trust. Are the rules pretty much the same over seas as they are here? Also the majority of the estate is the sale of a outright home. I havent been contacted by any lawyer or anything yet? what should i do?

Proserpina

I live in massachusetts but recently had a relative pass in the UK. I am being left one third of the estate. The executer is not someone who is recieving anything and that i kind of trust. Are the rules pretty much the same over seas as they are here? Also the majority of the estate is the sale of a outright home. I havent been contacted by any lawyer or anything yet? what should i do?

No, the laws are quite different in many ways.

You need to speak with a solicitor in the UK or contact the executor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">