• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

person I was suing for non payment of motorcycle died

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flyingrobot

the person i was suing died this month.will I be able to get my motorcycle back or will it cost me even more money to fight this in probate court. what would happen if i don't get the bike back and don't sign the title over to his family

JETX

Q1) "the person i was suing died this month.will I be able to get my motorcycle back or will it cost me even more money to fight this in probate court."
A1) You can't just 'take' the motorcycle back. However, you can make a claim against his estate for the unpaid amount.

Q2) "what would happen if i don't get the bike back and don't sign the title over to his family"
A2) No one knows, since we have NO idea what the sales terms were, amount paid, amount promised, title status, etc.

My suggestion, contact the family and offer a refund for the return of the bike.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">