• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury/Wrongful Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pegasus1969

What is the name of your state? West Virginia. My questions pertain to asbestos class action lawsuits. My father was exposed to asbestos. He filed a claim. He had apparently settled
with some litigants and was receiving settlement payments from these individuals, prior to his death, thru his attorney. He died and a wrongful death lawsuit was filed. My questions are: Is the settlement my father was receiving, prior to his death, a different action of court and ceases once he dies. And is the Wrongful death action a totally different case in itself. Is one a Personal Injury action and one a Wrongful Death action? Thank You.

Dandy Don

These are 2 separate actions, but there may be some overlap in the information provided. It is not exactly clear why or what you are asking, but if you are concerned about the status of the settlement payment and whether or not they would continue after his death, then you need to ask his attorney to let you look at the settlement documents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">