• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal property- Legal Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

larah

What is the name of your state? NY
I and my brother are beneficiaries of my mother's will as well as my step father. I wanted 2 pieces of furniture in the house that my mother had prior to the marriage. My step father will not allow me to take them. (I realize that the will must be probated first before any disbursement). I received the will in the mail and have not signed the waiver yet. In the will it states that "all my personal property originating from the H & K families to my said children" (my brother & I). What is considered personal property? Does furniture count? It also states that: "all the rest,residue and remainder of property,of whatever nature, I hereby give to my husband". How long before I must sign the will? If I get an attorney, will it due any good?
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">