• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Represenative

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sdhess

It has been mentioned that in Idaho the personal represenative of an estate can remove items from the house for themselves before the other heirs get to make claim on the property. When the represenative is an heir of the estate, is it legal to remove items for thier personal use?

ALawyer

I am not from Idaho but I never heard of any state allowing a personal representative to remove property belonging to the estate for his or her own personal use!

It's the estate's property, not his or hers. If, however, the personal rep had some of his or her own property in the house, that's a different story completely! The rep can allow third parties to get their own property back.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">