• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petition for final distribution?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daisysmom

The hearing for the petition for final distribution was earlier this week. I would like to know what this means if the petition is approved. Will distribution begin immediately, or will there be another waiting period?

I do not wish to sound greedy, but my mortgage is about to be accelerated, and this $$ would help tremendously. It is a matter of days for this to happen, so any information would be appreciated. I am in California. Thank you.

ALawyer

It could begin immediately, but courts are sometimes slow (except when it comes to Presidential election) and lawyers and executors sometimes slower.

If you have a real need for the money, you may want to explain the need to the executor so she can expedite at least a partial distribution to you if she's inclined to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">