• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please explain process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chekty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida
my mother in law passed approx 1 month ago, she had a revocable trust and her will states that everything be divided 50/50 between he and his sister, she is in control of bank accounts at this time, and his mother owned four homes which will need to be sold. We live about 2 and 1/2 hours away, and my sister in law lives where my mother in law lived. We have not heard from the lawyer yet, are we suppose to? How does this work, do they meet with the lawyer? My husband feels like his sister is being a little vague. My husband and his sister are "successor co-trustees" according to the will, what exactly does that mean? My husbands sister has stated that their mom had so much cash in this account and that account, is my husband entitled to see how much if any she has taken out of the accounts?

curb1

Were her assets put into the Trust? The first thing to find out is how the assets were titled. This can be done by going to the county courthouse . How were the bank accounts titled? Were they in the Trust? Were there any co-holders of the bank accounts? Your husband should be driving the distance to put in some time with sister to get this straight. Keep it civil.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">