• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kellyconey

I live in Staten Island NY. My father got married on 9/14/99. On 9/24/99 he passed away. I am beneficiary of everything and executor. My lawyers and his spouses lawyer have been going back with figures for over a year.She did not contest the will but has asked for a very large sum. Ive heard so many different things in the last year as to what shes entitled to. Is she entitled to his whole pension and 50,000 or (1/3)? I have offered her 50,000 but she didnt except. Now her figure is more than it was the last time. I plan on just offering the same amount. She hasnt spoken to me since his death so this makes it even harder. please give me some advice.

H

hannah jo

The only advice I can offer you is to let your attorney handle this matter for you - which is what you are paying them to do. if you do not feel you are being served properly by your current attorneys, you can always terminate their employemtn and retain counsel you feel more comfortable with. The issues you raise are rather complicated and you should not rely on advice from someone who only knows a small part of the facts!

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">