• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marfra01

What is the name of your state? Maryland
My father has recently passed away leaving no will. The problem is he was way back on taxes and my mom had no idea. My mom is elderly [83] she is afraid that she is going to loose her house. Is this possible for the goverment to take her house away. There is still a mortgage but I was going to try to sell my house and help her with her house. I also don't want to sell my house if in the long run we loose this house.

Dandy Don

What is the house worth if it was sold today and how much is left to pay on the remaining mortgage?

How much is the tax liability?

Did he leave a will and how much in assets does he have?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

marfra01

If the house was sold today maybe it would get around 300,000 it needs some maintanance since my dad had been ill he did not want any thing done around the house.

The mortgage is probably arond 197,000

tax liability is again around 300,000

no will cashh assets around 25,000

He was beginnig to pay a monthly amount of around 300.00 to irs

My mom really did not know any of this, she is one of those old fashioned housewives who just had my dad take care of everything

Now she apparently will get around 800.00 in social security each month but that is her only income

Is there such thing as an innocent spouse clause and do you think she has a chance to qualify?

I thank you in advance for any suggestions

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">