• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tsalagi7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Please help! My lawyer is quitting, and expects to get paid from my trust. That leaves me virtually nothing and I need my money. I am very poor and nearly homeless. It is a life and death situation here. These attorneys left me destitute! What can I do? Now I have to be my own attorney, have no money for even for food. Meanwhile, the cotrustees are living lavish lifestyles. Can't these attorneys be held liable for loss to our trusts? My lawyer is abandoning my case right before trial. What can be done about this? Is there any recourse for us? Note: My lawyers did not do what they were hired to do and that is to remove the cotrustees to stop them from draining off the trust assets. Oh, please help....

nextwife

Market performance and deflated values have also impacted portfolio values.

Are you an "able bodied" adult? If so, have you considered seeking a job or two so you will be less destitute until the trust is resolved? You may not wish to place your entire financial well being in dependence of the trust.

tsalagi7

Nextwife, firstly, it's not about me and perhaps you are oblivious as to what is going on with this economy. Telling a worn down litigant and victim of wastefullness to go out and get another job when there is 14% unemplyment over here, when at this stage in my life my parents left to me inheritance that was promised, so that I can live a decent life I am entitled to live. I am too old for this. I have worked hard my whole life with no help from anyone. By contrast, the trustees have never done anything on their own except cheat people out of money. Further, we females of the family are entitled to be free and live our lives too without oppresion and theft and abuse from trustees. After all these years of ruthless litigation, I am no longer "able bodied" to do the work I did before thus need what I am entitiled to better myself and money making powers. The reason is because it takes money to get me into a position to compete. I am too old for this. It is these wicked lawyers who ransacked everything my parent's worked hard for and sacrificed who are at issue as are their clients. Not the victim/beneficaries. I have brains enough to invest for our future. The trustees think they own us and disrespect us. We females of the family are also, in this country, allowed to own property and have businesses too which is something some Americans take for granted. Again, if these crooked sheisters didn't rip us off I could be owning a business, having investments, and have security for our future. If you think otherwise, then look at what has happened to the middle class in this country.

nextwife, I am sorry but I am not here to fight with you over my position or personal siutation as to how much money I make or whatever else. I came her for answers, suggestions, and to seek knowledge and wisdom, not to otherwise be told what to do with my life so please do not be insulting. We are not young kids here with no direction. I need answers. I am an exhausted litigant and was bullied down and the trustees are using my inheritance money to squander and fight me with which they are not allowed to do by law. Please let someone answer who might have understanding and compassion and knowledge about these issues. Thank you.

curb1

Have you received anything from the trust? What does the trust say about disbursement of the trust assets?

tsalagi7

My sister is a person with special needs. She was supposed to be protected by a "special needs trust." Her PVP attorney told me instead of the trustee paying for her care and needs, they gave her money she cannot have, and in accordance to the trust, she was supposed to have her own special needs trust. As a result of teh trustee breaking her special needs trust, she lost her SSI and Medi-Cal. She also had to pay back all the money over the last years that she collected SSI. As her younger sister, I cannot afford to support her and myself and we needed our money the trustee mismanged and squandered paying high priced attorneys to drain the trust dry (maybe kick backs to trustee). Evidence we have they breached their duty is the bought second homes, several cars, boats, and have been otherwise living a luxury life while screwing us out of everything. What can be done about all these horrible attorney fees that they took out of our inheritance? What does it take to convince a judge that this wrongdoing must stop and these trustees must pay back the money owed? If we also inherited, whether our sister is a special needs person or not, we should be entitled to our equal portion. Right? Our parents didn't intend for the trustee siblings to walk off with everything and leave us out.
How do we seek damages and how do I get an attorney with no money left?

tsalagi7

In addition to special bequests that I was to recieve, the residuary was to be equally divided. My sister has to have a special needs trust. For years, what was so frustrating too, was that the trustees kept telling the judge I am mentally incompetant like our sister, and therefore must have a special needs trust. They did that to try and discredit me by saying don't listen to her, we're doing everythign right. They lied of course and ruined the trust. It was horrible for me to be slandered but I finally got a chance to say something and now the judge clearly sees I am not mentally challenged, ill, or incompetant or anything. So the judge says they can't keep my money away from me. But they blew the money. Again, they never funded or opened an account on my sister's behalf so there was no special needs trust opened for her. That's how she lost everything she had. The trustees are alcoholics and let their attorneys run the trust and fought using the money and doing whatever else with it. Attorneys have told me that the trustees are to be held liable for all they took and squandered and that I have to have a good attorney who knows what he's doing. But I have no money left, and there is no money left in the trust for me apparently. So what does a litigant do? How do the poor have access to teh courts without the money for these expensive attorneys? What can we do? If I go Pro Per, the trustees attorneys will use their dirty tricks and we round and round all over again. One trustee told me to pay him $50,000 so he can fight with the other trustee because he said the other one intends to "take the trust down to zero and cut and run." So knowing they can't cooperate and a qualified honest trustee should take over, they both lied in court that they are so wonderful and honest, etc. Judge is beginning to see through them now that I finally got a chance to speak. What do you think about this?

tranquility

Since it seems you've tried to litigate matters through an attorney for a while, I am uncertain how we can help you now that you don't have an attorney. No one has any ideas of even what the facts are, so, sorry, you're on your own.

(Since it seems like you are going to lose, I would stop thinking about what you are "entitled" to, but what you think you will realistically get.)

tsalagi7

I thought I gave the facts. Distilled down, cotrustees drained trust, refused to account. When account ordered, in foru years account unverified as they evade trial. Because the cotrustees burnt up all the money from our trust to fight with each other, we were damaged. Now that there is no money left, I can't find an attorney because they see there is no money for them from my share of the trust. My sister is left on the street and me too. What kind of lawyer do we get? Is there free help for the poor so we can have access to the courts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">