• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA Authority???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwcornett

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I am the POA on my mom's (Aunts) estate. Threre is a WILL designating who gets which property at at her death. Currently she owes me $6,000 for bills I paid with personal money instead of having to seel one of her properties.

At the same time I am struggling to keep the bills paid my mother told my brother there was a $5,000 CD at a bank in his name and hers and he went and cashed it in knowing it was first for her care and secondly for him.

Is there anything I can do about this since it is already speant I am sure.

In order to retrieve my personal expenses can I designate which property I loan money against or do I have to just loan it against the entire estate which could force the sale of all properties in order to satisfy the loan repayment by all recipents in the will.

Dwight Cornett

Dandy Don

Nothing you can do about the CD, since it was mom's mistake to put his name as joint beneficiary--this is what allowed him to cash it in. She should have kept his name off and then her estate would have been able to claim it. although she probably did not know that at the time.

If you don't have anything in writing (a receipt or promissory note) from your mother stating that she owes you this money, you need to get one so you will have a basis for filing a claim with the probate estate at the proper time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">