• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA Guardianship and Executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Babylon5

My grandfather just got hospitalized with vertigo. His children are Daughter A, Son B, Daughter C. My grandfather had Son B as Executor of his will, but Son B has been diagnosed with Alzheimers, so my grandfather changed his Executor to be Daughter C or her husband. In the meantime, Son B's wife got a POA of Guardianship for Daughter C and/or her husband to be a Guardian of my grandfather. Can Daughter C or her husband be both the Guardian and Executor?

ALawyer

You are confused.

A person can be named the Guardian by a court or be given power of attorney by a competent person during his or her lifetime and if nemaed as Executor in the Will, serve in that capacity on the person's death.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">