• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poa selling house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhen1

What is the name of your state? South Carolina . I am the caregiver of my 95 year old grandmother.She moved in with me 9 months ago.( I AM HER DPOA)
In her will,her house is left to my sister and me. Can we go ahead and sell the house now? I was told ,as long as I disbursed the money through my grandmas bank account it would be ok.This is her decision.She knows she will not be able to live alone anymore and she wants to make sure we get our inheritance( she broke her hip, and cannot walk or do things for herself) She will be staying with me and it would be one less thing to 'keep up'.Do you see any problems this could create? We are not talking about a lot of money..around 70,000.
HELP PLEASE CAN ANY GIVE ME ADVICE ?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">