• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Polygraph an Option?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emyers7373

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

My estate settlement has errupted into a multitude of mudslinging and a bunch of he said/she said. While I know I am truthful and have no qualms about my actions, I have pretty much been defamed by my stepsister. It's very difficult for her to defend her lies and deceit and for her to get away with it would be shameful. Is a polygraph test even an option when such a tug of war errupts and the truth is in jeopardy? I have submitted a will for probate which she has objected to and contends there is a new will which I destroyed. Please advise...

curb1

1) "a polygraph test"? No.

2) "contends there is a new will". Why does she say that? Has she seen a new will?

3) Who are the beneficiaries of the will?

4) Who died?

5) Has anyone been appointed executor by the probate court?

anteater

emyers - You really should keep everything pertaining to one situation in one thread. Otherwise, you end up having to repeat things.

curb - You'd have to read the OP's previous thread.

I have submitted a will for probate which she has objected to and contends there is a new will which I destroyed. Please advise...
You said that you had retained an attorney. What does your attorney advise?

What evidence is she presenting that there was a later will? And that you destroyed it?

While not particularly knowledgeable about defamation, if her allegations are being made in the context of a will contest, I don't think that you have a case for defamation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">