• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it possible if the WIFE would be the EXECUTOR of the husband's WILL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zycome

Good day! I have a few questions. My husband is making a will and he's thinking who could be the Executor, my question is. As a wife,can I be the executor of his will for all the estate?
In addition, is it a good idea if the executor would be me as his wife and his friend? Lastly, when he signs the will at the lawyer's do I have to be there and sign also as the beneficiary?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and the information!

~Marilou
New Brunswick, Canada

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Good day! I have a few questions. My husband is making a will and he's thinking who could be the Executor, my question is. As a wife,can I be the executor of his will for all the estate?
In addition, is it a good idea if the executor would be me as his wife and his friend? Lastly, when he signs the will at the lawyer's do I have to be there and sign also as the beneficiary?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and the information!

~Marilou
New Brunswick, Canada
In the US, sure. But you're not in the US, are you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">