• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power Of Attny Is Alcoholic Son..:(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rachellew2

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?
CALIFORNIA

Thi Family has employed me for 2 yrs; my job description: Sr Support Consultant. THIS IS NOT YR 'RUN OF THE MILL' SITCH...
LK, the senior in question, has 2 sons; that’s it.
PK, an alcoholic, is 'local', thus he got The Power. She 'believes' he' sober and at the helm. NOT! I Do Everything! PK..He's The Figurehead.
PK, has just returned home from the hospital; Prognosis: Terminal: Alcoholic Cirrohsis..2-6 mos., if he Doesn't Drink, which he is...Heavily.
I also live with this ‘Family’..making it all the more intolerable.
PK isn't ‘In His Right Mind’,.esp. since the effect of the alcohol is 10 fold due to his health.. Thus, taking care of business has become impossible.
I do have a notarized letter of agreement dated Sept. 2003, stating our relationship, my position and compensation. I also have excellent refs.

My Main Question: What can I do?

Dandy Don

Are you concerned about how you are going to get paid for your services? Who has been paying in the past?

Ask other son if he wants to be power of attorney--if so, then get him to ask the senior to sign a form revoking the previous POA issued to the alcoholic son (that also mentions other son's inability to serve because of his incapacity due to severe alcoholism) and get a new POA signed authorizing the other son to be current POA, or if the other son doesn't want power of attorney, get it yourself.

Let's hope the first POA has not drained the bank accounts and hopefully there is some money left.

R

rachellew2

so much for that...gone! ok..well i was trying to 'get private' casue i keep trying to edit this down ala reader's digest style and it ain't happening.
but, first i wanted to apologize..not replying in timly mnner is not my mo...but hopefully you'll forgive me after you read what I've been dealing with...i gotta wonder..who did i kill in a past life?
all that said..Please Help Me! :)
fyi: i have an extensive ‘paper trail’ s b.up.
& excellent prof refs... in addition i have a signed and notarized contract.
lynne's dead... 2 weeks.. (w/o question a 'wrongful death' suit exists..)and her son pete, the alcoholic is dying. and i can't leave..he won't honor my contract... nice huh.... the eldest son, adam, is executor…lives in japan and due to genetic illness cannot fly...might? be coming by boat. meanwhile..
can 'we' remove him?
he has no intention of paying me either..his way of 'saying thanks' is trying to frame me for 'embezzlement'! no basis for whatsoever but he has $ for attny and i don't..:(
continual emo/phsych and slanderous abuse= major health issues as well.
needed help….so about 4 mos.ago..’kevin’.. 'moved in'..an ex felon/drugs..you wanna know what hell is?
he’s using again, 24/7, he managed to con lynne into thinking he was 'the son pete should have been'... an accident waiting to happen.... he's cut the phone lines..stolen my packages...$1700 in sos moving $. taken my keys to both cars..and hit me…then himself so that he could spread more slanderous tales.
he seems to think he's getting the house...as soon as pete dies...and has 'taken over' ...it's like we're 'under siege' or something...
there are ‘accessible’ funds but since pete won’t honor our contract..or get rid of kevin..i’m not signing the death cert. that I just found outis at the PO awaiting release upon my signature???
G_d finally intervening?
i spend most of my time bolted into my room. with everything i own and my cats. i'm smart resourceful...but it's alot to handle alone...and i am quite vulnerable...i need legal council but have no $. but the estate is worth about a mill ..i know...:) so i could pay upon closure.
questions’s:
1-since i have so many matters at hand..what kind of attny do i need?? and is this the sort of case one might take on a contigency basis? if not, does this fall into legal aide’s guideline?
2- adam..shouldn’t he be taken off as executor and if so how?
3- how can i get my contract honoured?
4-death cert? who what and why? how to handle
5-the ‘kevin’ problem?

thank you so much
i'm incl. my direct email..is that ok?
[email protected]
now did that thing say 1000 chars. allowed or 10000?? used to have 20/20 vision and look good for my age as well...:(

with love, light and laughter
Ra

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">