• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dini

What is the name of your state? Delaware
Hello, My mother gave me immediate durable power of attorney. We used an internet form , she signed it and it is notarized.She is perfectly competent. My question is, do I need to notify anyone before I use it? I want to sign her checks to pay her bills.Will the bank give me a hard time? Do I need to let them know I am signing her checks now? Do I need to carry this form around with me ? Also she wants to add her grand-daughter's name (my daughter) to her checking account. Can I do this for her? Thank You, Dini:confused:

H

hexeliebe

Take the POA into the bank and have a copy attached to her file. This will take care of the check signing matter and you won't have to 'carry it around'.

If you don't do this there is nothing to stop the bank from not honoring the checks written on her account.

Dandy Don

Yes, you could do this for her, but why don't you let her do that herself?
What is her reason for wanting to do this?

How is she going to be added to the account--as a joint co-owner or as a beneficiary?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">