• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lzurinsky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My father is very ill. Prior to him being bed ridden he had put on his savings and checking acct two of my brothers. And he said that both would make all the decisions with his finances and medical (also has a medical advocate paper). So, needless to say, my one brother had gotten a had a power of attorney (basic form from the internet) form and had my dad sign it and had it notarized. This happened June 28, 2010. My father has been sick for a while now and has under family continuous care since beginning of June. At the time my brother had my father signed this power of attorney he had been taken many prescribed drugs and not sure if he really understood what he was signing. Also this basic form has the wrong house number for his address wrong. So my question is will this POA be legal or is there anything we (other 6 children) can do to stop him from being the only power of attorney and do as my father wished?

lzurinsky

He has taking money (large amounts) without my other brother knowing and has threatened other stuff. He's telling others that things are gunna cost more than it actually is going to. The rest of the family knows this is not what my father wanted. Just want to be able to give my father what he wanted. And there is no formal will either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">