• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mziggi

My brother recently had a stroke. As a result he is bedridden and unable to communicate. I am his only living relative. He lives in Virginia, I am in Connecticut although he will soon be moved to a nursing home in CT. How would I obtain power of attorney to help with his affairs? Would this need to be filed in VA or CT? Thanks.

A

advisor10

JUNE 9, 2001

Any local attorney can tell you how to get a power of attorney form, or you might want to check with a local office supply store--they probably have blank power of attorney forms that you can buy inexpensively. If he is going to be moved to Connecticut soon, (I assume you will be near him or in contact with him), then you can do it after he is moved.

The power of attorney forms do not need to be filed anywhere, since you only need to keep it in your personal files to produce when needed.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">