• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of attorney in state of KY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimvan

power of attorney in state of KY
My dad is 94 and got very bad off and the DRs said he had Alzheimer's disease before he was said to have signed power of attorney to my 2 other brothers, 1st is listed as first and the 2nd is listed 2nd under the power of attorney. The 2 brothers I have just took him to a attorney with out me knowing about this.
When they got back they said my father didn't know were he was and they had to hold a pen in his hand and make him sign the paper , the attorney said that would be ok , I was very Upset as this attorney knows about the 3rd son me and I wasn't even told about this.
The 2 brothers took my dads checks he got each month and placed all the fund into a account were they could spend the money for food power Ect.
I have never seen his accounts and never seen the bank card they pass to each other, this has been about a 8 month ordeal for me with my father in and out of a long term care center and then came home for 4 months then back in again last week.
I was in the house one day and heard brother #1 talking about me and said when they took my father to get power of attorney it was the 2nd brothers ideal to get it before I could without me knowing.
I backed out the door without them knowing I was there but was in a state of shock of how 2 people I have known my complete life could do something to me That I would have never do to them.
The 2 brothers suffer from gambling, if not from river boats its horse races to los vegas trips with one protecting the other one and not saying anything about the trips.
I hate to break this secret party they have but its getting were they are placing things into their name with promises that they will make it right with me after my father passing.
They know this is upsetting me and it makes me want to talk about my problems to people and they have in words are like 2 peas in a pod now and me not knowing anything about whats going on.
Is there anyway I can get this power of attorney from them and go after and sue the Attorney that took that signed paper like that and win damages on him. Without big money to fight this. Thanks:confused:

jimvan

Lawsuits are not about justice. They are about MONEY

If you think your brothers are taking advantage of your dad, contact elder protective services.
Yes you are right most the time its not about the money, but when shady attorneys sign papers for customers which they know are not legal and even watching when a person guild a old persons hand into a sigature, then Money is the only way to make them feel the others persons pain as water boarding them is too easy.

ecmst12

I love when people respond to my signature instead of my actual post.

If you believe your brothers are taking advantage of (or mistreating) your father, contact elder protective services.

mommyof4

power of attorney in state of KY
My dad is 94 and got very bad off and the DRs said he had Alzheimer's disease before he was said to have signed power of attorney to my 2 other brothers, 1st is listed as first and the 2nd is listed 2nd under the power of attorney. The 2 brothers I have just took him to a attorney with out me knowing about this.
When they got back they said my father didn't know were he was and they had to hold a pen in his hand and make him sign the paper , the attorney said that would be ok , I was very Upset as this attorney knows about the 3rd son me and I wasn't even told about this.
The 2 brothers took my dads checks he got each month and placed all the fund into a account were they could spend the money for food power Ect.
I have never seen his accounts and never seen the bank card they pass to each other, this has been about a 8 month ordeal for me with my father in and out of a long term care center and then came home for 4 months then back in again last week.
I was in the house one day and heard brother #1 talking about me and said when they took my father to get power of attorney it was the 2nd brothers ideal to get it before I could without me knowing.
I backed out the door without them knowing I was there but was in a state of shock of how 2 people I have known my complete life could do something to me That I would have never do to them.
The 2 brothers suffer from gambling, if not from river boats its horse races to los vegas trips with one protecting the other one and not saying anything about the trips.
I hate to break this secret party they have but its getting were they are placing things into their name with promises that they will make it right with me after my father passing.
They know this is upsetting me and it makes me want to talk about my problems to people and they have in words are like 2 peas in a pod now and me not knowing anything about whats going on.
Is there anyway I can get this power of attorney from them and go after and sue the Attorney that took that signed paper like that and win damages on him. Without big money to fight this. Thanks:confused:
To make this perfectly clear, as you don't seem to be able to comprehend the reply you received.....

If what you allege is indeed fact, YOUR FATHER is the victim. NOT YOU. You have no more right to anything of your father's than your brothers do, as long as your father is still living.

jimvan

To make this perfectly clear, as you don't seem to be able to comprehend the reply you received.....

If what you allege is indeed fact, YOUR FATHER is the victim. NOT YOU. You have no more right to anything of your father's than your brothers do, as long as your father is still living.
You Are wrong because that is my father and I have the right to see that things get done right and yes the victim is me too, The legal system should have a better control on its power of attorney. I feel most the people giving me advice are not attorneys and find most of your comment out of line . This should be called THE :eek:******* FORUM get off your high horse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">