• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pjaystevens

my fiance and i were buying a house together. he died suddenly, without a will. i found out his 17 yr old son now owns half of the house. there is no equity because the needed repairs excede the equity value. can i ask his mother, legal guardian, to pay for half the expenses of the house...mortgage, taxes, insurance? i live here, they do not.i live in new york state, his son lives in pennsylvania

[Edited by pjaystevens on 06-07-2001 at 06:39 PM]

ALawyer

I'm sorry but while you can ask, do you think you would pay if the situation was reversed? OF COURSE YOU'D SAY NO. I'd bet if there was no equity they would consider selling the 1/2 of the property you don't own to you cheap when he turns 18.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">