• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennifa

my father passed, i am the his only hcild, no marriage, i think probate was done on estate, have an adminstrator-unsure of details. Town lists all taxes 4 home in my name and deed to land now says my name. does that mean we have probated the estate and i am the owner now? also mortgage still under name: the estate of...., do i have
2 contact mortgage company and update with my name and send them the legal info that i am the inheritor of estate?

ALawyer

I'm confused. How did it get into your name? Who transferred title? Did you have an attorney? Did someone else? Did you check the file in the courthouse?

J

jennifa

my cousin, a lawyer at the time( now deceased also) i beleive, set up the info to go to probate. an executor of
the estate was established and no i didnt check out the court records at all, wouldnt know where to begin( over
7 years ago) but the bills come in my name for the
taxes and water etc. however the name on the mortgage
is still listed under the estate of.....the deceased party
was there to be legal notification sent to the town saying
i am now the inheritor of the estate or is just the word
given to update the records enough

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">