• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

connie j.

state of ohio

do i have to go though probate if..there is no real property and the c.d.'s are joint? can i just turn over the c.d.'s to the survivors?
if i don't have to go though probate...do i still have to file the will? the funeral bill has been paid.

A

advisor10

JUNE 23, 2001

DEAR CONNIE:

Are there any other assets worth claiming (bank accounts, pension benefits, house, etc.)? If so, then it would be wise to submit the will for probate so that an accounting of assets can be totaled, and then any outstanding unpaid bills can be paid, with the remainder being split amongst heirs, officially.

Of course, the CD's do not need to be included in the estate since they pass to the joint tenant.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">