• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunorange1-2

hi!
My mother died and her estate was probated in Canada. She was a Canandian. My mother has one property in the state of Florida.
The executor has probated the property in the state of Florida. The problem is the Judge keeps wanting to close the estate before the property is sold.
Now there was a sale on the property and the sale fall through in June. Now the Judge wants to close the estate. The attorney asked for a mothion for a extension of time to the Judge. The property is for sale again. The Judge extended it for 60 days to complete the probate. What happens if the property doesnot it get sold? Why can"t it stay open until the property is sold? the probate inb Canada is still open. Thank you for your help.
Sunorange.

ALawyer

UNLESS the court has given blanket approval to have it sold and the proceeds remitted to the executor in Canada, I can't figure this out -- why not call the court clerk and ask?.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">