• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate Intestate Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bess Cutter

My father died in 1992 in Georgia without a will.The approx value of the Estate is
$60,000.My brother is Administrator and an Attorney was appointed. To date no listing of the Assets have been placed before the Probate Court. No funde are available for hearings to petition for change of these positions. After this length of time can I,as
direct heir,demand that all assets be inherited by the surviving wife? Or are there other options after eight years of non-administration? There are six children and Mother who share equally as it now stands.

ALawyer

Ask the Attorney what is up and if that is not satisfactory, ask the Probate Court. That is FAR too long. And all you could do is replace the executor, not change the Will.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">