• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate an old will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

georgia girl

What is the name of your state? FL

My Aunt and Uncle married late in life. My Aunt just passed and her daughter (from a previous marriage) has taken all copies of the wills and trusts. From what we know a new will and trust were created several years ago when my aunt and her daughter had a falling out How can we get a copy of the new will and trust if she probates the old will? We have already had to hire a laywer once when the daughter managed to sell my Uncle's car without his premission when he ws in the hospital.

We want to make sure my Uncle (who has no children) has enough money to be comfortable.

Thanks,
Cindy

Dandy Don

Do you know the names of friends/relatives who may have been witnesses to the newer will? The name of the attorney who she may have consulted to get it drafted?

You may want to consider placing a small classified ad in the local newspaper asking if there is anyone who has information about her will or the name of the attorney who prepared it to contact you or your attorney with information. And you and your attorney need to be scrutinizing the old will if it has been filed for probate to see if it seems legitimate or not.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">