• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate slowing down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

probate

In a few earlier posts, I asked about the extreme time taken after the 6mo.probate period. I hired a lawyer to speed the estate lawyer up. He now tells me he can't speed him up either.I took your advice and faxed a copy to both lawyers about telling the bar association. My attorney said you can't make a lawyer hurry up.I said thats why you took the case. He said maybe he could get a court petition filed for dispursement of funds. Now my question is the bar association a threat or no big deal. Illinois

dmode101

Have you been in contact with the executor of this estate? It is likely that the executor is the person who has the ability and access to make the distributions. If I were your attorney I would also suggest that you make a demand upon the executor for an inventory and current accounting. Assuming is independent administration, if these demands are not met, you can petition the court to terminate indepedent admin in favor of supervised administration. You have some options, but you really need to make the demands upon the executor as well as the attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">