• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mm4gmh

My husbands mother passed away over 12 years ago, leaving her estate (house lot and furnishings)to my husband and his brother. Brother was appointed executator in will. Brother never probated will and has resided in property. Fire destroyed property and insurance (still in deceased Mothers name and payed for by prother)required that will be probated before settlement. How do we probate last will in state of Virginia? Does anyone have step by step quide-forms? Any help is appreciated.

ALawyer

The Will is taken to the County Court house and the clerk there can possibly explain things. BUT the passage of time and subsequent events has made this complicated and I URGE you to let a lawyer do it for you, even though it will cost something. Your brother-in-law may also owe your husband something for use of the property all these years if your husband were to insist on it, and for the losses due to the fire.

M

mm4gmh

Probate

Thanks for your information. This will get us started.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">