• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probating estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cinkat

What is the name of your state? What does the law say in Louisiana, is a caregiver allowed compensation? If so, how is the amount determined? My mother cared for my grandmother in her home for 6 years. She received no help from her only sister. Now that my grandmother has died, my aunt has her hand out. Shouldn't my mother be compensated first, and then my aunt receive one-half of the remaining funds?

BlondiePB

cinkat said:
What is the name of your state? What does the law say in Louisiana, is a caregiver allowed compensation? If so, how is the amount determined? My mother cared for my grandmother in her home for 6 years. She received no help from her only sister. Now that my grandmother has died, my aunt has her hand out. Shouldn't my mother be compensated first, and then my aunt receive one-half of the remaining funds?
Was your mother granny's legal guardian/conservator?

Is your mother the trustee of granny's trust?

Is your mother the executor of granny's estate?

Why didn't your mother keep track of her duties as caretaker and pay herself prior to granny's passing?

Is it you or your mother who thinks she should be compensated?

What does your mother's probate attorney say about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">