• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stover

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio, city-Cincinnati
I would like to create a trust for my real estate (two houses).
I would like to protect the houses from my creditors and also have the properties transfer to my daughter outside of my Will.
I would like to do this myself as I do not have the money to hire an attorney.
Would you tell me what the correct name of this type of trust is called and if you know of a good Do-It-Yourself package?
Do I have to file the trust with the County Recorder's office?
I looked at LegalZoom but I can't afford it. I think this is something I can do myself if I have the correct information as to the correct name of this type of trust.
Any information you can provide would be very helpful!

tranquility

You are trying to do something complex with many ramifications that I do not think you understand. Pay an attorney or forget it. You can accomplish what it seems you want by gifting the properties to daughter now and retaining a life estate. If that is not what you want, you do not understand the legal issues.

TrustUser

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio, city-Cincinnati
I would like to create a trust for my real estate (two houses).
I would like to protect the houses from my creditors and also have the properties transfer to my daughter outside of my Will.
I would like to do this myself as I do not have the money to hire an attorney.
Would you tell me what the correct name of this type of trust is called and if you know of a good Do-It-Yourself package?
Do I have to file the trust with the County Recorder's office?
I looked at LegalZoom but I can't afford it. I think this is something I can do myself if I have the correct information as to the correct name of this type of trust.
Any information you can provide would be very helpful!
there is no good way to protect one's personal assets from creditors while one is alive.

trusts are not usually recorded anywhere. but the deed that transfers the property from your name to your trust would be recorded at the county recorder.

if your desire is simply to transfer the real estate to your daughter's estate, most trusts will do this.

if your desire is to keep the property in a trust for your daughters, then the trust needs a lot more depth, and should be created by someone who is knowledgeable about it.

btw, the majority of people are misinformed as to creating a "type" of trust. the types of trusts are not legal, but rather informational, as they attempt to describe what the main intention of the trust is.

for example, "living trust" is not a legal term.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">