• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question for Advisor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennjenn

In the thread written by ptosec54 (several issues involved/deceased uncle) you stated that his uncle's insurance policy was not considered a part of his estate. How do you determine what is considered "estate". Please view my post (I need serious help in virginia).Would this money I am refering to be considered a part of my dad's estate?

A

advisor10

JULY 20, 2001

DEAR JENNJENN:

Each asset item must be considered separately when determining what is part of an estate. Most items will be included as part of an estate, with the exception of life insurance policies, which are well known to be excluded.

I'm sorry I can not be of more help to you since I have no experience dealing with Medicaid issues.

With an estate as large as the one you are dealing with, and one that is complicated since the issue of Medicaid is involved, you would be smarter to consult with a local attorney in your area to get the best advice on how to proceed. You should also post this question on the http://www.lawguru.com website and also on any other message board on the freeadvice.com website that deals with insurance or medical issues, since it is more likely that an attorney who is experienced in this area will respond.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

A

advisor10

JULY 20, 2001

DEAR JENNJENN:

Each asset item must be considered separately when determining what is part of an estate. Most items will be included as part of an estate, with the exception of life insurance policies, which are well known to be excluded. The money you receive as a beneficiary from the insurance policy would not be included, while the retirement benefits would be included.

I'm sorry I can not be of more help to you since I have no experience dealing with Medicaid issues.

With an estate as large as the one you are dealing with, and one that is complicated since the issue of Medicaid is involved, you would be smarter to consult with a local attorney in your area to get the best advice on how to proceed. You should also post this question on the http://www.lawguru.com website and also on any other message board on the freeadvice.com website that deals with insurance or medical issues, since it is more likely that an attorney who is experienced in this area will respond.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">