• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question for "A Lawyer"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yukongirl9

Thanks so much for the reply - ended up having to fly to Seattle due to my mother becoming ill and never had a chance to thank you. I wonder if you could help me further by answering a couple more questions? Is it customary for the executor to ask to be released as executor of a will BEFORE distributing any funds? If I were to sign this document to release her, do I have any recourse at all in the event the executor does not distribute the appropriate funds? I find myself in a sensitive situation here - everyone is being very "nice" about everything, however I have been kept totally in the dark about the estate. I do not know the other beneficiaries well, and am not sure if perhaps I am being too trusting. (They are the deceased's relatives, I was a close personal friend) I don't want this to come to a court order, but wonder if I am out of line in requesting some info before signing anything. Thanks for any help you can give me.

ALawyer

You are welcome. This is something that you may want to call the estate's lawyer and ask about. Say you're willing to cooperate, but you are in the dark, and before signing anything, you'd like an explanation of what is in the estate, what you are to get and when. Better yet, if you know a lawyer, have that lawyer make the call for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">