• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit claims and estate planning HELP !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DRK9ite

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, I have a mother who has dealt with an mentally and verbally abusive son.

My mother recently suffered a hemmoragic stroke, she is still cognitive with some minor short term memory lapses.

First of all will Quit claim reduce value of Estate, where estate Taxes would be involoved.

My mother over the pase several years gave into loans that were made up by my brother and were renewable at his descretion, she admits she gave the loans out of fear of his reactionary temperment. Are these "evergreen loans" that were obtained in a matter of duress legal in any way able to be nullified.

And secondly, years ago it appears that there were quit claims drawn up and notorized but the originals are still in her posession, she doesnt want these to be filed instead after the abusiveness she received she wants to convey to another family member, are copies fileable ? and or if there is more then 1 quit claim existing does it come down to whomever files first ?

I appreciate this opportunity and your genorosity in your giving of advice, I hope you help can give my Mom some peace of mind . Thank you and my best regards
you answersWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">