• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quitclaim/Medi-cal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sparklem50

What is the name of your state? california
My daughter is recieving medi-cal, state subsidized housing and free daycare for four kids. She recently inherited a house from her deceased father and is afraid she will not be allowed to have the house being she would have to report it as an asset, even tho she will not be making money from it, unless she sells it. There is a person living there under" the right to live law". This is the condition that was stipulated by the deceased in his will, and is okay with my daughter as she cannot live in the house, figuring it would not be good to have it vacant. As per the will, this person has to pay the property taxes, the upkeep, no rent. My daughter is responsible for homeowners insurance. Would having this house present a problem with her current circumstances? And if she quitclaimed the house to another person, would that also affect her current situation? She had read on her yearly renewal of state aide, "Have you recently quitclaimed property to anyone? Can you help us on this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">