• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Re: Unfair! Over a million dollars of my dad's money will go to his wife's child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuy22

fair enough?

Be my guest.

Your problem is you came in here like a bull in a china shop. With absolutely no support for your position you told everybody else their responses were asinine. Well, it has been born out that your answer was completely useless and then defending it simply added more crap.

So far you have proven you add nothing to the forum (other than a moment of entertainment when somebody figuratively slaps you) and have been a huge detraction. Typically those are the signs of a troll. If you are a troll, you will be dealt with eventually. If you want any respect, you really need to figure out what you are doing wrong and correct it. It's really up to you how you are perceived here.

Now if you want to show yourself worthy of anything other than disdain, lets both stop hijacking this thread and let it serve oksanamarch's purposes. Fair enough?
I am willing to work with the OP and give that individual my honest opinion and answer. If you feel the need to criticize my answers and opinions because you believe yours are better than mine, I will deal with that appropriately too. Fair enough?

justalayman

I am willing to work with the OP and give that individual my honest opinion and answer. If you feel the need to criticize my answers and opinions because you believe yours are better than mine, I will deal with that appropriately too. Fair enough?
Then I suggest you endeavor to make your "honest opinion" more applicable and worthwhile than what you have presented so far. So far your responses that had any real value (considering op did in fact come here seeking information) have a sum total value of nothing. Your copy and paste diatribe was worthless and the only other "advice" was; get a lawyer. That does nothing regarding the op's seeking information. If you want to continue to attempt to antagonize me, well, I don't expect the outlay will be of any more worth than the rest of your posts. Have a great life. You aren't worth anymore of my time.

flybuy22

Then I suggest you endeavor to make your "honest opinion" more applicable and worthwhile than what you have presented so far. So far your responses that had any real value (considering op did in fact come here seeking information) have a sum total value of nothing. Your copy and paste diatribe was worthless and the only other "advice" was; get a lawyer. That does nothing regarding the op's seeking information. If you want to continue to attempt to antagonize me, well, I don't expect the outlay will be of any more worth than the rest of your posts. Have a great life. You aren't worth anymore of my time.
I am not seeking your opinion or advice. My posts to the OP are not meant to antagonize anyone else on this forum. You are not worthy of my time either.

Minuette

No, thank you!

What a superb post, Minuette!! :) :) Thank you.
Thank you, Silverplum. I have enjoyed reading many of the seniors' posts as an unofficial lurker long before becoming an official lurker. Even then, I wasn't inclined to post, but this situation struck deep with me. To the extent that I can provide some insight on what might (not did, *might*) have happened in this situation, I hope that the information is useful.

And to Oksana:

If you think about this objectively, perhaps you will finally be able to internalize not only the opinions of the seniors, but also why that first attorney you consulted advised you similarly.

The settlement of an estate takes time, and financial institutions do not play fast and loose with funds which are not clearly vested in the surviving spouse. If you were a named beneficiary or a legal heir with a valid claim under the law, you would have been notified. You may not like the way things worked out, but what you think is fair and what conforms with the Probate Code of the State of California may be mutually exclusive.

Again, your best takeaway is to make sure you do things differently, so that your own heirs know exactly what they will inherit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">